In honor of National Lipstick Day yesterday, today’s post is all about my five favorite high end lipsticks!
If you’ve been around my blog for a while, you’ll know I love a good lipstick. I have a little obsession with lip products, so the fact that there is a day celebrating that is perfect.
I have too many high end lipsticks, so I thought I would share with you the ones that are my favorites! If you are going to shell out the money, it’s good to know which ones are actually worth the money. These are all lipsticks that reach for on a regular basis.
1. Ellis Faas Creamy Lips in L104. This lipstick I purchased upon recommendation from Fleur De Force. It’s a gorgeous deep berry pink that is perfect for fall. The formula is fantastic as well. It’s a liquid lipstick, but the formula is so smooth and non-drying, it feels like a lip balm.
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in L’Eclatante. This was a lipstick that I hummed and hawed over for a year and a half before I finally purchased it. It’s a light hot pink. The Rouge Allure Velvet is a matte formula, but it is the most comfortable matte formula I’ve ever worn. The only thing is that it picks up on lip lines, so just make sure you exfoliate beforehand. This color is perfect for spring and summer.
3. YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in Pink in Devotion. This is probably my all-time favorite pink lipstick. It’s a medium pink with blue undertones that looks great with any eye makeup. The formula is beautiful as well. If you love sheer, non-fussy lipsticks that deliver glossy pigmented color, you will adore these lipsticks. I’ve been meaning to pick up more forever.
4. Dior Addict Extreme in Bellissima. This is my favorite red! It’s got a tinge of pink to it. The formula is smooth and pigmented, and the color comes off glossy. What I love most about the Addict Extremes are that they last forever. This is a lipstick you apply once in the beginning of the day and that’s it.
5. Burberry Lip Velvet in Pink Apricot. This is my perfect nude! It’s peachy and not too light so it doesn’t make me look like a zombie. This is also a matte formula. It’s not quite as lovely as Chanel’s, but it’s much better and much more comfortable than MAC’s.
What are your favorite lipsticks? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!