Today is my birthday!! I did one of these posts last year about everything I’ve learned through my life so far, and I thought I’d pop on quickly to keep up with the tradition. Here you go:
- It’s really fun to blast Taylor Swift’s “22” as loud as you can on your birthday and scream sing it until your voice gives out. Really, really fun.
- Smile. The world needs more happiness.
- Say yes to the things that terrify you (good things, of course).
- It’s okay to be scared by said things, but you have to do them anyways. That’s how you grow – and get a lot of great stories to tell in the process.
- It sometimes takes leaving the country to realize how good you’ve actually got it back home.
- There is power and responsibility in writing. Use it wisely because people will listen to you.
- Spend time with the people you love when you have a chance. Life gets busy quickly, so take advantage of free moments.
- Speaking of taking advantage, soak it up when your favorite hockey team wins the Stanley Cup. It can take years for it to happen again, and that’s a long wait. Trust me.
- There are two sides to every story.
- Summers were made for taking as many trips as possible to the best ice cream place in town with your best friends.
- Never be the reason why someone doesn’t want to get up in the morning.
- Have all the inside jokes with your friends. They spelled Starbucks wrong, you guys. 😉
- Never regret or feel guilty about spending money on yourself. You are more than worth the investment.
- If you’re feeling lost, confused, angry, sad, stressed, worthless, etc., give it to God. He’s way more equipped to handle what you’re dealing with than you are.
- Go ahead and Instagram it. No one is judging you.
- Getting good grades is important. But killing yourself to get those good grades isn’t worth it. Put your wellbeing before a letter on a piece of paper.
- Take road trips. Lots and lots of road trips.
- Try everything once (good things, of course).
- Sometimes God has a different plan for your life than the one you have for yourself. Trust that he knows what he’s doing when something you really wanted doesn’t work out.
- Eat cake for breakfast. And then have it again with dinner.
- Do more spontaneous things. That’s where the fun in life lives.
- You are never finished learning.
Thanks for reading!